Ready, Set, Gorgeous Concealer | Makeup Review

Thursday, February 16

Hiia! 

I've recently purchased a few new makeup pieces and I want to share my opinion on some of them. 
The first one that I want to review is the Ready, Set, Gorgeous concealer from Covergirl!



My thoughts: 
- I really liked the colour (fair) - it matched me really well, which almost NEVER happens, so I was very excited about this product!
- Price was great, and easy to find (I got mine at Wal-mart for $6)
- I don't try a lot of concealers, so this was my first time using the lip-gloss type applicator (I believe it's called a doe foot applicator). I like the way it applies better than a pot of concealer or a stick concealer. 
- I liked the liquid formula, when powdered it sits on the face well
- I am allergic to something in this product :( Whenever I put this on my face my eyes and nose would run like a kitchen faucet. I was so disappointed because it seemed like it was going to be a winner! 




Rating: 


 heart out of 5 (It would have gotten more if I wasn't allergic)


Unfortunately, all reviews can't be great. There wouldn't be much point in reviewing things if everything was perfect! 
I would have really enjoyed this product if it didn't react with my skin in the way that it did. I wore it to work one day (with just mascara, which is how I know I'm allergic to it) and I was with patients (I work in a psychiatrists' office) and I had to keep excusing myself to wipe my nose or my eyes! Not fun! 
Needless to say, I will not be using the rest of this product. I actually wore it twice and then upon realizing I was allergic I gave it to my sister. 


Do you have any beauty products that you love but can't wear?


1 comment:

  1. Aw thats a shame you were allergic! I quite like this concealer. I know how you feel about not being able to wear products you love though. I'm allergic to all mascara and I hate it soo much because I love wearing it.

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete