Motivational Monday: Holiday Traditions

Monday, December 12

Hiia,

I thought for today's Motivational Monday I would talk a little bit about the traditions I have with the special people in my life around the holidays. I found the quote that I included in the photo because when I think of holiday traditions, this is what I think about! I love having traditions, because it gives me something to look forward to in the coming days. These are some of my favourite times to make memories that I will have for the rest of my life. I thought I would share a few of the traditions that I have developed over the past few years.



Local Nutcracker Production. For the past three years I've been able to see a local production of the nutcracker. My partner has a family member who is usually in the production so we go to cheer her on. I love the story of the nutcracker, so I know it's getting close to the holidays when talk of being the production comes around. We've already seen this years production! I won't be writing a post about it, because I did so last year, but if there is a local production around you I highly recommend you see it! 

 How the Grinch stole Christmas. My partner and I started this tradition where we watch the animated how the grinch stole christmas. We both agree that it is one of our favourite Christmas movies (even though it's only 30 minutes). Since its not the longest film, it's not something that takes a whole evening, and we both really enjoy watching it together. It gets us in the holiday spirit, and the message of the movie is always nice to remember! 

  Baking with my sister. Recently (since I moved home from university three years ago) I got into the habit of wanting to bake with my sister for Christmas. Before then I wasn't really interesting in baking (or cooking) so now that it is something I enjoy doing we both love spending the time in the kitchen together. We each pick out things that we want to make, some are old favourites (like my turtle thumbprint cookies and her white chocolate cranberry cookies) and some are new ones that we want to try! This year we're trying a new recipe that I might write about a little later this month! 

Christmas Eve with Family. Every Christmas Eve we spend at my mum's parents house. It's something that we all enjoy doing. Last year my partner and I finally made the decision to spend time with both sides of the family (mine and his) rather than us separately spending time with our own families. I enjoyed last Christmas Eve so much that I can't wait for this year to do it all again! Spending time with family is my favourite part about the holidays. I love the festive feeling the is in the air and I love how warm and fuzzy it makes me feel. This is my favourite tradition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment