Motivational Monday: Being Grateful

Monday, December 5

Hiia!

I have not wrote a Motivational Monday post since last December, so I thought it was about time that I brought this back! I know Thanksgiving is the time when you are supposed to think about all the things you are thankful for, but for me I am more thankful at Christmas. I am surrounded my more family and friends, and it gives me more time to think about all the things I have to be grateful for. I thought for today's Motivational Monday I would mention five things that I am grateful for. 


1. My partner. This is one of the most cliche things that I'm sure I will write, but it is true nonetheless. I am so grateful for everything that this man does for me. I am grateful for all the memories we have shared over this year. For the talks long into the night, the laughs we've shared over videos or games, the movies we've seen and the adventures we've taken. I wouldn't know where I would be in life without him by my side. He motivates me to keep going in things when I feel like giving up, and will be my voice of reason when I want to do something foolish. I am grateful for him always. 
2. Happiness. Overall I am a very happy person. I don't tend to let things bother me for very long and I am almost always smiling. It hasn't really hit me until recently that the happiness that I have isn't something that everyone experiences. My family, friends and partner all experience things in their life that get them down, be it hard days at work, mental health issues, or school. There are others in the world who have very sad experiences and are not happy at all. I, for some reason, am genetically made up so that my happiness doesn't really allow those difficult things to take over my brain. For that I am so grateful. 
3. Job Stability. Working three jobs certainly is overwhelming at times, I will admit. My calendar is full of schedules and time lines, but I am so glad that I have some stability. I spent the whole summer applying for jobs with no luck, so when I finally got hired to work I was so pleased. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to start saving some money. I haven't been able to save money since high school (over four years ago) since I didn't work during university, so having a little bit saved is very nice!
4. My Family. Another typical answer, but my reasoning might be a little different. I've been getting my application for graduate school ready to be sent in, and with that comes some uneasy feelings. The school I'm applying to is provinces away, and that has made me realize this year just how much my family means to me. I'm so grateful to have parents who work their hardest to provide for my sister and I and for that I will forever be grateful. It will be a sad time in my life when I move away, so I am cherishing all the time I have with my family while I can.
5. Friends. Friends are the thing I often let slide in my life. I live with my family, and my partner and I are together most of the time, so they are ones in my life that I am always around. This leaves the friends to slide to the back burner. I recently reconnected with two of my closest friends and I realized just how much I missed them. I never had 'girl time' when I was not with them, and I didn't realize how much I wanted and needed that time to talk and/or complain about girly things. I am so grateful that even though it seemed like I dropped off the face of the earth, that my two best friends picked me back up and dusted me off like nothing had ever happened.

So there you have it, five things I am grateful for this holiday season. It's nice to really think about the wonderful things you have in your life, and if they are people, to let them know. It can be nice to know that you are appreciative, and are appreciated.

What are some things you are grateful for this holiday season?


No comments:

Post a Comment