Holiday Cocktails

Wednesday, December 7

Hiia! 

What are the holidays without festive cocktails? If you're of age or not, there is always a way to enjoy a pretty, festive drink! So, for today's post I thought I would share four holiday cocktails that I want to try over the coming weeks! 


1. Christmas Sangria from CakeNKnife
This Sangria looks so yummy! I've only tried sangria in restaurants, so I'd love to try making my own! I've also never heard of putting rosemary in the sangria either, so I'm super excited to try this and see just how yummy it really is! This one would be difficult to make without alcohol, but my suggestion would be to put some cranberries, cut up granny smith apples, and rosemary in some sweet apple cider and let it sit four a few hours before letting your kiddies try it! It will look like the grown up version with the cranberries, apple, and rosemary but is nonalcoholic!

2. Peppermint Chocolate Martini from Growing Up Gabel
I love peppermint hot chocolate (which I would suggest for the non alcoholic version of this drink for any children - you can even make it iced!), so when I saw a recipe for this drink I knew that I wanted to try it! I like that you can use regular milk, or substitute almond milk too (Camille from Growing up Gabel mentions regular milk is more likely to curdle)! I think I would choose almond milk if I was going to make this cocktail! I love how pretty the glass looks over on her website, she rimmed the glass with candy cane pieces, which I think makes the drink look super festive!

3. Cinnamon Roll Cocktail from The Farm Wife Drinks
This is the drink that I am not sure how to make nonalcoholic, as the two ingredients are both liqueurs. Maybe adding cinnamon and sugar to some warm milk might be a yummy substitution for children (I have not tried that, so it might be awful!) In any case, this drink looks and sounds so delicious! A liquid cinnamon roll! I've never tried Rum Chata before, so I would love to make this as my first drink with that liqueur!

4. Slush cocktail from My mum's recipe book!
This is a recipe that hits close to home. My mum has not made this drink in many many years, so the last time I had it, I had to have the nonalcoholic version. I wanted so badly to have the 'grown up' one that my parents were enjoying. It looked so much better than my 'kid version'. This year I've convinced my mom to make it again, so that I can finally have the alcohol version! The drink consists of pink lemonade, orange and grapefruit juice, and simple syrup all mixed together and frozen (that is the nonalcoholic version - for the alcoholic just add vodka). The alcohol version will not freeze completely, which is why it has the name 'slush' as that is it's consistency. The non alcohol version however, freezes solid and is not so nice and slushy. When the mixture is cold and slushy, you scoop some into your glass and top it off with whatever lemon-lime soda you prefer (we use 7-up). I remember it being so delicious! I can't wait to try it again this year!



What holiday cocktail would you like to try?

4 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! I've had a chocolate martini before but never with peppermint! That would be so good for the holidays :)

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I feel like peppermint is such a holiday flavour!
      Xx

      Delete
  2. Definitely trying some of these!Thanks for sharing! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I can't wait to try them too!
      Xx

      Delete