Planner Craze

Saturday, October 1

Hiia! 

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen an increase in the amount of people using planners and making them look fancy, but I sure have! I've seen pinterest boards and youtube videos of people designing their planners, and I decided that I wanted to try my hand at keeping my life beautifully planned in a planner.

The first issue that I had was finding a planner that I liked. I went to three different places looking at planners, and while there were a couple that I really liked, they were much to expensive for my budget. Instead of spending all my budget on the planner itself, I decided to spend much less on a ringed sketchbook and create the planner, then I was able to spend more on decorations like washi tape, stickers, and pens. 

Once I got all my artsy tools, I decided that I would create the entire planner before I let myself be creative with the planning.  This meant I created a monthly calendar look, followed by weekly layouts of all the months in the year (I started in August because I wanted this planner to last for roughly a year).

I used to be into scrapbooking when I was younger, so I had a lot of stickers and creative ideas from that time to put into this new planner. I did purchase some washi tape and other stickers to use throughout the planner, and have been doodling a lot as well (since not all things I think of are in sticker form).

Here is an example of one of the weekly layouts. This was the end of August when I went to PEI, and then the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park:







And here is a more recent area, two weekends ago in September (My cousin has recently begun reading the twilight books, and I have rediscovered my love of those books. Yes, yes, I'm one of those girls)

sorry about the crap quality photos, for some reason, the lighting wasn't working as well as I wanted it to today!


Do you do any artsy crafts like this? What is your guilty crafting pleasure?

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea. You had a skill. Great job!
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my blog www.rochellefox.com.au and my latest VLOG

    ReplyDelete