One Year Later

Monday, October 31

Hiia! 

First off, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! This is one of my favourite holidays all year!

I wanted to post this for myself, because some days I find harder than others. 
I mentioned in a post earlier this year that I was changing things in my diet to try and lose some weight. My partner has been working on losing weight since May, and I finally joined him at the end of July. To date, I've lost about 15 pounds! (Yay!) I notice it the most in my face and neck, but some days I can see change in my stomach, which is the area I hope to change the most. I wanted to post this picture that I took last halloween, and how I look today with the same dress on. Most days I don't notice a lot of changes, which is very frustrating, but in this photo I can see some changes. It definitely helps this whole process when I can see results. It makes me want to keep going. 

both are taken from my phone, so sorry about the quality! 

I drink a lot more water, and have stopped drinking juice and other sugary drinks. I'm not doing any fad diets, pills, or cutting all bad things out of my diet. All that I've been doing is counting and cutting back on my calorie intake. It was really hard at first because I was so used to eating all the time, and eating a lot. The first few weeks that I started calorie counting I felt like I was always hungry and I couldn't eat anything or I would go over my calorie amount for the day. Now that I've been working on this for a couple months, it's much easier and I don't find myself needing to eat snacks throughout the day. I make sure I eat breakfast (even when I wake up at noon *wink*), and always have my water bottle near me. So if I'm having a bad day and think that some McDonalds, or pizza will help, I'll make sure it fits in my calories for the day and then i'll have some. I'm working on weight loss before I tackle healthy eating!

Progress has been slow, but it's happening. I can't wait to see where I'll be in another year! 





2 comments:

  1. You're looking great! 15 pounds is a huge achievement since only July!! I definitely need to work on my weight loss. Tired of feeling icky all the time! haha

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took me a long time to get into the swing of change, but I'm glad I did!
      Xx

      Delete