Life Lately

Saturday, September 17

Hiia!



Well, this has been a long time coming. Sorry I have been so absent! Life lately has been, not bad, just different. It's an adjustment that I didn't really think would happen. I thought everything would come easily after graduating university, turns out, not as easy as I had thought. I thought I would just take a moment to talk about things lately, and hopefully soon I'll get back to posting more often!

This is the first year in 16 years that I haven't returned to school in September. My sister is in her final year of high school, so seeing her go back to school was a weird feeling. Even more, the weekend that 'move in' happened for the university I attended I saw a few frosh (first years) shopping with their parents for dorm necessities and it made me feel a twang of regret that I wasn't heading back there with all my friends ready to start off another year. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that I graduated in May, it's just a weird feeling not having a year of school to fall back on.

I've been looking all summer for a job (still don't have one, fingers crossed one comes along soon), need to start paying back my loan in November (with no income), and have to start getting my applications together to apply for graduate studies. It's not really a lot, but it's very different from the routine I've been used to.

I've missed posting, but I feel like I need to go places and buy products to write posts that have meaning or purpose, and at this moment, that's just not possible for me. I know it's silly, and I can write about whatever I feel like, but I enjoy the beauty, travel, and photography posts that I am able to write most.

Long story short, I've been absent from my little corner of the internet, trying to get my life sorted out for the next year until I figure out the schooling situation. I can't wait to be back into a routine! I'm hoping that a job will soon come a long that will allow me to have some money to be able to explore so that I can continue taking photos.


Anyway, that's been life lately.



3 comments:

  1. Hope you find a job soon! I know how frustrating it can be trying to find something after you finish school. There's this thing you can apply for called repayment assistance if you still haven't found a job come November. I had to do it. It was very helpful!

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll look into that, thank-you for letting me know about it!!

      Delete
  2. Hope you are able to find a job soon! It's weird not to go back to school but it's fun to have a job too! It's also fun to quit that job and go travelling too :p
    www.wanderfreeblog.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete