Meet Matt(e) Hughes | Makeup Review

Wednesday, July 27

A couple of weeks ago I posted a nude lipstick review, and when I was doing my lips with those products, I realized that I received a lipstick for Christmas I have never tried/wore before. I thought that I could review it upon trying it for the first time!

The product: 
The Balm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick in the colour "Sentimental"

My thoughts: 
♡ First, when you open the product it smells like mint, which is  delightful!
♡Application isn't easy, but not difficult. Bleeds easily into surrounding skin.
♡ I LOVE THE COLOUR! It is so pigmented and the payoff is amazing.
♡ I'm not sure what I would wear this lipstick with, both in terms of makeup and clothing and I'm not sure of any events where I could wear this lipstick.
♡ Lasts a decent amount of time. The lipstick lasted through most of the day, and is rather difficult to remove. I had to scrub pretty good to get it off when removing my makeup!

Rating the product: 
♡ 8.75/10: I love the colour! This is one of my favourite shades of pink (in general, not just lipstick shade) so I loved being able to wear it on my face. The only downsides to this product are that 1) It is super dry on the lips and 2) It bleeds into the skin around my mouth without a liner.

If you haven't noticed yet, I'm loving taking 'flat-lay' type photos! Side note: This photo makes me happy simply because of the sheer amount of pink related products that are in it!




Do you have a bold lip colour that you enjoy wearing?

1 comment: