30 Things Before 30 Years

Thursday, June 9

Hiia!

This is something I've wanted to post for a while now, but it took some time to think about what I wanted out of these goals and to write out why they are important to me. I am already 22, so I only have eight years to complete them. That being said, I think that is totally possible!
Some of these goals are big life goals, while others are little goals. I wanted to have a variety because there are only so many big life goals that I can complete in eight years.


These are in no particular order, just what came to mind first:

1.  Get Married. I've been in a committed relationship for close to four years now, and we're very happy the way things are, but I would like to have a wedding. It's something that I've always dreamed about as a little girl, so I think I'd be upset if it didn't happen. I've got a Pinterest board dedicated to wedding things and I can't wait until I get to plan my own wedding!

2. Move out of my parents home. Now I know this will eventually happen, and i'll be damned if it's not before I'm 30. I moved out for one semester of university (in my first year) but due to finances I moved back home and travelled to school. So, really I've lived at home for 22 years, and I can't wait to spread my wings and have a place of my own. Not to mention I'll get to decorate it in my style and that makes me excited!

3. Move to a new place. I've lived a very sheltered life. As I mentioned above, I've lived with my parents for 22 years now. The first time I traveled out of province other than for school trips was last year (again, I'm 22...), so I'd love to broaden my horizons and experience a new place to call home! That being said I have a feeling that I'll be the type to be home sick so i'll have to figure out how to deal with that if the time comes! 

4.  Complete more education. While I am taking a gap year for the 2016-2017 year, I do want to continue with school. I enjoy Psychology too much to stop after this year. I just need to figure out what degree I want to aim for, and where I can apply for said program.

5. Buy a car. My parents gave me their old car when they bought their current one, and while I love my car, she is old and likely won't last more than this year. I'd love to be able to buy a newer car that will last me longer than my current car will. I feel like buying a car is an "I'm an adult now" kind of thing.

6. Buy a house. Along with moving out of my parents house, I would love to buy my own home. While I think this might be difficult to achieve before I am 30, it is still a goal I would love to achieve! If any of the goals I have for myself don't get completed, I have a feeling this one will be among them.

7. Have children. I always wanted children, but I never really thought much about it until my partner's nephew came into the picture. I never really thought I would be good with children, but I really enjoy spending time with kids! Spending time with my nephew (I consider him to be family) has made me realize that I do want to have children. My parents had me when they were in their early 20s, so I'm already in that time frame. While I still don't think I would be capable of caring for a child just yet (as I don't think I'm done schooling and such) I would like to have a family before or shortly after I am 30.

8. Blog more. This is more of a short term goal that I hope to improve in the next couple of years. I want to use this little spot on the internet to remember all the little things in my life. My favourite post to date was my 2015 year in review because it helps me to remember all the little things that happened that year. I am so excited to write my 2016 year review at the end of the year! With all the goals that I have in this post, I want this to thrive with each of them. For example, having children is something that I feel that I will enjoy blogging about when the time comes. I can't wait to see where this blog, and simultaneously, my life, goes.

9. Be fit (not just losing weight). This is a goal that I've had for the longest time, but just haven't had the motivation to try to achieve. I keep telling myself that it will be different when I live on my own and have to buy my own food and yada yada. I'm really hoping that moving out on my own will give me the motivation to eat better (or at least not eat as bad) and to try to exercise more. My partner exercises at his house, so I'm hoping that when we live together I'll join in and we can exercise together!

10. Travel. I've done posts on this before, so I'll just say that not travelling far in my 22 years of life has given me the urge to travel! There are many places I want to go and many things I want to experience! If you want to read more into this, I have many travel posts!

11. DISNEY LAND. This is one of the things I want to experience the most! While I do have the urge to travel to many places, this is the top of my list. I'm such a disney fan that it hurts my heart that I haven't been there yet! I'd love to travel there with my partner and experience it as just the two of us, but I would also love to be able to take my children there (if and when I have them)!

12. Improve my photography skills. I love photography, I find it so interesting. That being said, I feel like my skills could be improved a lot. I don't want photography to be something that I give up on because I don't feel skilled enough, so I would like to improve so that I don't get discouraged and stop taking photos!

13. Own my own pet. I would love to have my own cat. I always thought that I would want a dog when I had my own place, but now I'm not so sure. Cats are just so independent, quiet, and chill. I have a feeling that my first pet will be a cat. Maybe other future pets will include a dog, but I don't think that will happen right away.

14. Pay off my student loan. Ugh, I won't even say how in debt I am, but I would love to have most of this paid off, if not all of it before turning 30. This goal will likely depend on how much more education I receive and how well the job I have pays, especially since I haven't started paying anything off yet! I also don't know how likely this goal will be, since I've never paid off any loans before now!

15. Improve my baking and cooking skills. My partner and I enjoy cooking together, and we try to find new recipes to try when we can. I would like this to happen more. I'm not the most skilled in the kitchen, so I would like to improve that. I watch enough cooking shows that I should have the knowledge to cook well, but thus far my skills aren't that great. Also, there are so many baking recipes I want to try, so this goal extends to baking as well.

16. Visit one (or more) "Hard Rock Cafe". My partner has been to a couple in various places in Canada, but I've never had the opportunity to experience them! I think the idea of having music memorabilia is such a neat idea and I would love to visit some in various locations to see the different types of memorabilia!

17. Clean out my clothes. I used to work in retail where I was required to wear the "in season" line. This meant that every season I was required to purchase new clothes to wear to work. As you can imagine, this would rack up quite a lot of clothing. While I have gone through my clothes every now and again, I feel like I need a really good and thorough clean to really get rid of the things I know I will never wear again! (Plus it leaves more room to buy more clothing *wink wink* )

18. Read leisurely more. In high school I loved reading novels. I'm sure it is because the classes I had in high school were far less taxing, and so I had more free time on my hands to read. Naturally when university started, I had no free time for reading (and when I did have free time I was spending time with friends or family). Now that I have finished university for the next year I really would like to pick this hobby back up and read more often! I also love used book stores so I am hoping that with this I will get to indulge in some book store trips too!

19. Donate my hair for cancer. Now I've had this goal for a long time, I've just never been able to accomplish it. Since I was a young teen I dyed my hair blonde. To my knowledge it isn't really a good idea to donate hair that has been chemically coloured, therefore I couldn't donate any hair. It wasn't until my first year of university that I decided I wanted to have my natural hair colour (brown) back. So I dyed it a close colour and have been letting my natural hair grow out. I believe that it is all natural colour now, so the only thing left to do it let it grow out a bit more before I chop it all off! This should be an easy goal to accomplish before I turn 30, so I'm looking forward to checking this off the list!

20. Drink more water. This goes hand in hand with the 'be fit' goal. I don't drink enough water in a day, and I really need to be drinking more than I do. I just find that water is too boring, too plain. I need to find a way to enjoy drinking it more, so that I keep the habit going!

21. Write a novel. This is a far fetched goal, but I've always wanted to write my own novel. I'm a sucker for the paranormal romance novels so that would be the type of novel I would most enjoy writing. I'm not the strongest writer, so this would be difficult, but it's always worth trying!

22. Try more foods. I will admit that I am a rather picky eater. I have gotten better since getting together with my partner, but I know I still have a lot of room for improvement. Ideally I would like to enjoy more foods that I think that I don't like.

23. Watch more movies at home. For some reason, I don't enjoy watching movies at home. I would much prefer going to the theatre to see a film. My partner and I recently began watching Game of Thrones (we're way late to the party, I know!) at home and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm hoping this will make me enjoy watching movies at home more, because I know that is something that my partner really enjoys doing!

24. Visit Oak Island. This is an island off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada that has all kinds of mysteries about lost/hidden treasure. There is a show on the History Channel called "The Curse of Oak Island" and I've been hooked since it first started. I love the mystery, and the hunt for (a likely nonexistent) treasure. I also love that it is off the coast of the province that I live in. Since I have goals of moving away at some point, I would love to check this goal off my list sooner, rather than later!

25. See more concerts. I had never gone to a concert before I was with my partner, but he really enjoys them, so we try to go whenever we can. This summer we have tickets to see City and Colour, so I'm pretty excited for that! I would love to be able to see more concerts in the time before I turn 30, and I don't think this goal will be difficult to cross off my list!

26. Get more tattoos. I love tattoos, but I'm the type that won't get a tattoo unless it means something special to me. I have an idea for a sisters tattoo that I want to get with my sister. I want to be able to add to my tattoo collection before I turn 30!

27. Plan house parties and events. I've always wanted to be that friend that has get togethers and parties, picnics, and potlucks (with and without alcohol). When I finally have my own place, I want to have these get togethers and make tons of memories with my friends!

28. Perfect my Cat eyeliner! It takes me forever to do my makeup if I decide I want to have the cat eyeliner. I'm not very good at it, and making them even is also something I can't do very well. I would like to be able to get better at this skill (it is a skill), and be able to apply my cat wing liner in less time. If I can even take 5 or 10 minutes off of the application time, I will consider this goal completed!

29. Complete at least one furniture DIY. I have pinned so many of these furniture DIYs on my pinterest. I want to be able to complete at least one of them, to prove to myself that I can, and also because they look super pretty!

30. Be happy. I am generally a very happy person, and I want that to be something that continues throughout my life. I hope that this is something I won't need to remind myself, but if need be, I want to be happy. I don't always need to put others ahead of myself, sometimes I need to do what is best for me, and be happy with the person I am.


So, there you have it. My 30 things before 30 years list. It's long, and full of big, exciting things. I won't be upset if things aren't checked off this list, but it was nice to try and think about the next 8 years of my life and try to have reasonable goals.


Do you have any long term goals?

4 comments:

  1. These are all such great ideals to strive for! Especially the last one :) I hope you accomplish all your goals!

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great list of goals! I think you can definitely achieve them xx

    Erin | BEING ERIN

    ReplyDelete