University Graduation 2016

Wednesday, May 18

I did it!  
I graduated university with a Bachelor of Science with Honours (in Psychology)!
It was such a surreal day. I'm still trying to come to terms with it all. It doesn't seem like it's over. I've worked so hard over the past four years, it is weird to think everything it has led up to is all over now.

While graduation is spread out over three ceremonies, my partner and I both graduated during the same ceremony on Monday (May 16th) morning. It was overcast, cold, and windy, but the rain held off! My parents and sister along with my partner's parents and some other family members were there to cheer us on. It was lovely to have family there to share this accomplishment with.

Graduating has left me feeling odd. Odd because I am so happy and proud at what I, and the ones close to me, have accomplished over the past four years, but also sad that it is all over. The people and friends that I've met will travel to new places, and it is unlikely that I will see them again until some sort of class reunion. In high school you are more or less forced to make friends from the people who attend the same school as you, but in university you find friends based on your interests and passions in life. The people I met in university have more similar interests and passions than most of the friends I had in high school, so it's weird that I won't see many of them again for many years. 

That being said, I am so proud of these friends I've met, and I know they will all do amazing things in life! While it might take a few years, I know life will bring us back together again in time. 















I'm not sure what the next adventure will be, or where it will take place, but I am excited to see! Thanks to all my family and friends for helping me over the past four years, and cheers to the next chapter of life! 


4 comments: