Turtle Thumbprint Cookies | Blogmas Day 20

Sunday, December 20

Hiia!

Countdown until Christmas: 5 Days!

Two years ago, I decided that I wanted to start baking things for christmas. I've never been much of a baker, so it was a challenge for me to decide what to bake.
I found a picture on Pinterest that led to a website with the recipe, that I thought looked good, so I tried it out! 
The cookies were a hard cookie, and I much prefer a soft cookie, so I decided to change the base cookie recipe the next year and I think they work much better now!


For the chocolate cookie (directions on website): 
1/2 (115g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon (tsp.) vanilla extract
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (tbs.) (53g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tbs. (30 mL) milk


You don't need the brown sugar for this recipe (I just realized as I wrote this post it's not supposed to be in the photo - whoops)

Once the cookie base is done and chilled, you then roll them into balls, dip in egg wash (egg white with a little water mixed until frothy) and then coat the outside in chopped pecans, then bake.

Since I changed the cookie base, the cookies spread out more than the original cookies, so the 'thumbprint' that is suppose to be in the cookie before baking will just spread out and will be gone, so I didn't bother with them.

Once they are baked and cooled, add the desired amount of caramel on each cookie and drizzle with chocolate




What is your favourite holiday cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment