Holiday Tag!

Tuesday, December 1

Hiia! 

Countdown until Christmas: 24 Days!

For today's post I thought I would do a Holiday Tag to get in the festive mood!  



1. Favorite Christmas Movie? Song? 
Movie: I'd have to say that the animated "How the Grinch stole Christmas" would have to be my favourite christmas movie, it's been one of my favourites since I was little, and my partner and I always make sure to watch it every year before Christmas! 
Also, I wanted to mention that another favourite I have is actually a children's television show that is quite old, as I watched it when I was a child, but the reruns always come on in December. "The secret world of Santa Claus" (It's a really great children's show!)
Song: I have a few favourite christmas songs, but the ones that come to mind are 'You're a mean one Mr.Grinch (makes sense, since it's my favourite movie), 'All I want for Christmas is you' - Mariah Carey, 'Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays' - N'sync and Michael Bublé's Christmas album!

2. Show us an embarrassing Christmas photo
*cringes*
This was taken eight or nine years ago.

3. Do You Like To Stay in Your PJs Or Dress Up For Christmas? 
When we open our gifts we stay in our pyjamas, but then we dress up nice for the remainder of the day, as usually we take family photos

4. Where do you usually spend your holiday? 
Christmas Eve my family usually goes to my grandparents house for supper. This year will be the first year that my partner and I will be able to attend both my family's Christmas eve get-together and his family's get-together! I'm very excited, as I've never been to his side of the family's Christmas eve get-together yet!
Christmas my grandparents and uncle then come to our home, and my partner and I eat supper there, and then head over to his grandmother's home where we eat a little more supper and open gifts with his family. I love how family centered the holidays are, it fills me with happiness!

5. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? 
*clears voice* "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixin. Comit, and Cupid, and Donnor and Blitzen, but can you recallllllllll... the most famous reindeer of allllllllll.... RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER!
(I hope you sang that along with me!)

6. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year? 
I'm excited for christmas baking with my sister, family photos on Christmas eve and my friends and family enjoying time with one another

7. Is your Christmas tree real or fake? 
My mom and sister are allergic to Christmas trees, so unfortunately we have a fake tree. I'm hoping to be able to get a real tree when I have my own home. 

8. Favorite holiday food ?
Mine and my partner's moms makes some really amazing 'horse chestnuts' (chocolate covered peanut butter balls) and my grandmother's gravy is pretty awesome! I just enjoy all the food, really. I'm such a foodie!

9. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make? 
Well, I'm not the best baker in the world, so if there was a family recipe that would be baked it would be either my mom or sister, and I would be the helper. 
However, the past couple of years I have made my own recipes (coconut macaroons and turtle thumbprint cookies) and they seem to be a staple for me to make, as every year they are requested.

10. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably? 
I'm not a pro by any means, but I can manage alright. I am definitely a tape lover, so anyone who gets a present from me will know that I wrapped it by the amount of tape holding it together.

11. Have You Ever Built a Ginger Bread House?
When my sister and I were little we used to make a ginger bread house every Christmas. They never turn out the way we plan, because we just by the store bought kit, and the icing is typically too hard to work with. We enjoy the process anyway (which typically ends with her telling me to stop eating the decorating candy)

12. Giving presents or receiving them? 
Giving. For as long as I can remember, I never really asked for many things for Christmas. When we would go to my parent's family work party, I would always tell Santa that it didn't matter what I got. I enjoy giving more, because I get to see the people I love open presents that I have picked out for them. I try to pick out things that they wouldn't necessarily buy themselves.

13. Do you open your presents Christmas morning or evening?
Christmas morning. My family typically has supper at our place, so we have a lot of preparations to do in the afternoon, so morning seems to work best for opening gifts. 


I tag anyone who is doing Blogmas to do this Holiday/Christmas tag! If you do, post a comment so I can't read your answers too!



6 comments:

  1. Oh I like this post! Really cute!


    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life-without-a-fun-sponge-lwfs-12298541

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely helped get me in the holiday spirit!

      Delete
  2. This is a really fun tag! I totally was singing along to Rudolph and I love that you are so family oriented for the holidays, that's what it really is all about! Great post! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Family is very important to me this time of year!
      Xx

      Delete
  3. The cartoon grinch is one of my absolute favorites as well!! This was a great tag, I just may do it sometime!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's nice too because it's a rather short movie, so you don't have to invest a whole evening watching it. Especially since the Holidays can be quite busy!

      I can't wait to read your answers!!
      Xx

      Delete