Coconut Macaroons | Blogmas Day 19

Saturday, December 19

Hiia!

Countdown until Christmas: 6 Days!

I'm not typically a baking type of person, so when I told my partner a couple years ago that I was planning on doing some Christmas baking and asked if he would like me to make him anything, I was surprised when he requested I try making coconut macaroons.



He doesn't enjoy the chocolate coconut macaroons like many others do, so I found a recipe online for ones that weren't chocolate.

Ingredients (for procedure see the original recipe): 

14 oz. bag of sweetened shredded coconut
7/8 cup of sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon (tsp.) vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
1/4 tsp. salt
semi-sweet chocolate (optional)

This recipe was a new one that I decided to try this year. Unfortunately I think that I didn't beat the egg whites quite enough, and so the mixture was separating before baking, causing the bottoms to stick in the silicon molds. I was able to salvage some of them, and dip the bottoms into chocolate to make them look slightly better, but I felt too discouraged with them to take a completed photo. At least they taste good, so even if they look horrible they can still be eaten.

How do you deal with baking mistakes?

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies the other day (the ones I plan to give out to some people as gifts) And they turned all hard on me- I prefer chewy cookies- so I ended up throwing most out. Im hoping it was only because I didn't package them well enough haha

    Renee | Lose the Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating when things don't work out the way you plan, especially when you plan to give them out as gifts!
      Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are one of my favourite, they are so yummy! :)
      Xx

      Delete