Wisdom Teeth Removal Update!

Tuesday, September 8

Hiia!
I thought I would give you guys some updates on my wisdom teeth removal! 

Thursday September 3rd
I faced my fears and got my wisdom teeth removed! I was most scared of the IV, but the oral surgeon was SUPER nice, and the overall process was easy and fast.
It only took him 30 minutes to remove all 4 of my teeth!
The IV wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, so that was nice!

The first night was fine, the surgeon told me to keep taking the pain medication every 4 hours, and to do that until Sunday. 
All I ate for food that day was ice cream, which felt lovely in my mouth - despite the numbness.


Friday September 4th
I went to bed the night before a little after 11, as I took pain medication at 11 and hoped it would knock me out. I then had to wake up every 4 hours (at 3AM and 7AM) to keep taking the pain medication regularly. Waking up was relatively easy, and I felt little pain all night, so that was great!

At 7AM I woke up to have breakfast (which consisted of some jell-o) to take more medication and headed off to nap until my next dosage at 11. I ended up waking up at 9:30 and spent the rest of the morning on my couch browsing the internet - Still no pain!

Then, I thought I would be brave and see how I would fare not taking the pain medication at 11, and see  if I would be okay with a lower dosage of pain medication (only if I needed it).... 
Bad idea. 
By 3 in the afternoon I was ready to take anything that I could get my hands on. I started with the low does of pain medicine, but that just wasn't cutting it, so I toughed it out 4 hours and then took the high dosage stuff again, and I was feeling much better after that kicked in. 



Saturday September 5th
The left side of my face became swollen quite a bit, while the right side didn't swell at all...
Still taking pain medicine, and found that on an empty stomach it makes me feel kind of drunk... (not pleasant, but manageable)
Was able to eat scrambled eggs for breakfast, which tasted AMAZING! (You really don't realize how much you miss certain foods until you can't have them anymore!)
Since the surgeon told me that Saturday afternoon until roughly Sunday morning would be the most painful, I did notice that I could feel a bit more discomfort even though I was taking the same amount of pain medication. 

Sunday September 6th
I stopped taking the strong pain medication and while there was still pain it was less severe than the previous days.
The swelling in my face went down a little bit which was great! Still eating liquids (soup for lunch and ice cream for supper - not great for nutrition) and was able to eat semi solid foods (jell-o and scrambled eggs)

Monday September 7th
I ATE SOLID FOOD! You really don't realize how much you miss solid food until you aren't able to eat it anymore! Pain was manageable with the lower dosage pain medication. The worst pain I experienced was after sleeping all night my mouth would be quite sore upon waking up. 


Things are going good, so I think this is all I will post for updates on my teeth. The process wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, so that was a pleasant surprise. The pain is more than I thought it would be though. I knew there would be pain, but I thought I would be able to manage it without taking the prescription pain medication.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you were brave! Well done :)
    I have my wisdom teeth removed when I was a lot younger and i had the worst experience ever!! The dentist was a horrible lady that yelled at me for crying and it was just awful lol
    I mean, it's now done so it's all good! Hahaha

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sad that your dentist was mean to you! I was lucky to have a nice guy!
      Xx

      Delete
  2. A broken marriage can be one of the most painful things to heal from and can take a very long time to heal. During these times it can feel like the whole world could light up in flames and it still couldn't compare to the pain inside. My name is Nicole Cottrell form UK, I have been in great bondage for almost 2 years suffering in the hands of a cheating husband, we were happy and leaving well until he meant his old time girl friend and he started dating her outside our marriage before you knew it he stopped caring and taking care of his own family to the extent that he was planning to get married to her and divorce me, i cried and reported him to his family but he never listened to any one but to cut my story short i came in search for a real spell caster who could destroy their relationship and make him come back to me and our 2 kids on my search i saw people making testimony on how their marriage where restored by Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack i pick his email and i narrated my story to him and he agreed to help me and after performing a spell on the second day both of them had a quarrel and he beat his girlfriend up and he came home begging for me and our little kids to forgive him that his eyes are clear now that he will never do any thing that will hurt his family again and promise to be a caring father and never cheat again. I am so happy that i did not loose him to the girl. all appreciation goes to Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack for he is a Great spell caster and to whom this may concern if you have a cheating husband or wife or you need your ex lover back again. you can as well email him on { Nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com }, this man is a professional,Thank you Sir, i will always be testifying about your good work

    ReplyDelete