A Guilty Television Show Pleasure!

Wednesday, August 19

Hiia! 

So, if you've read some of my older blog posts, then you may be aware that some of my favourite authors write those trashy fantasy romance novels. To be more specific, vampires are my fantasy of choice. If you have been around long enough to know that, then it should not come to your surprise when I tell you that my all time favourite television show is one involving vampires.

I know what you're thinking... "I bet it's Vampire Diaries" or "Maybe she likes True Blood." Sorry to burst those bubbles, but it is neither of those series. I would like to mention that I have read both series and I have enjoyed them a lot!

The vampire series I am talking about is called Moonlight. 
Moonlight Tv series

This series aired in 2007-2008 and only lasted one season (to my broken heart's dismay). Here's a run down of the series from it's IMDB pageA vampire lands work as a private investigator and falls for a mortal woman.
Yep, thats the basic run down, but there is oh so much more packed into the show. It stars Alex O'Loughlin (Male in the center of photo) as the vampire private detective and Sophia Miles (female on right side) as the mortal woman.
I'm not going to lie, the main reason that I fell in love with this show is because I find Alex O'Loughlin so attractive (He will forever be my celebrity crush). 

Unfortunately it did not get the views it was hoping for and thus the series was cancelled. I searched and searched for the dvd set of the season for many years before I got my hands on a copy in 2011 (I was so ecstatic when I finally found it in stores - there was only one copy too, so it must have been meant for me!) I have so much love in my heart for this series, when I think about it I get giddy with happiness and excitement.


I have yet to convince my partner to watch the season with me, but I think it's probably because he knows I have the biggest crush on O'Loughlin.... 
We'll watch it someday, and it will be a great day!


What is your guilty television show pleasure?



No comments:

Post a Comment