Fashion Hobby

Friday, May 29

Do you remember when teachers in elementary/preschool would ask what you wanted to be when you grew up? Most answers in my school were things like Teacher, Doctor, Vet, Firefighter, and more of the typical things that young children aspire to be. I always felt like the odd one out, because I didn't want to be one of the typical answers. Instead, I would always say I wanted to be a fashion designer. Fashion is still something that I love very much. 
In high school I worked in a clothing store for two and a half years, and honestly, I loved it a lot. There were obviously things that sucked (upsetting is one of the sucky things, in my opinion), but the fashion aspect of the job itself was amazing!
Even now -at the age of twenty-one- I still love fashion. I have this hobby, where I'll spend hours just drawing clothing. I'm sure they're not original, but I just go with the flow and see where it takes me.

The other night I took up that hobby for the first time in a long time, and I thought I would share a couple of the drawings I did here, since its such a hobby of mine. Even if they are not very original, I am proud of them, as I've come a long way from the preschool drawings of people wearing box-looking clothing.

Bathing Suit Drawing




The first of the three I'm going to post is a lady wearing a bathing suit. I think the reason I found myself drawing this one, is because I feel like this is the type of bathing suit that would suit my body and I wanted to design one that I thought I would like. I imaging the polka dots being a pretty metallic gold and the rest of the bathing suit being one of my favourite shades of pink: cotton candy!
I'm sure polka dots is a typical bathing suit pattern, so this is likely not very original, but I liked it regardless. Also, I'd like to point out, I like the fashion aspect of drawing, therefore I am horrendous at hands, feet and faces all of which I usually don't draw.















The next and last two drawings for this post are my two favourite outfits that my favourite Disney princess, Belle, wears in Beauty and the Beast. If you've read any of my disney posts, you'll know that Belle is my favourite disney princess, and I think part of my love for her, involves her clothing.


Belle's Winter Dress





The first drawing is her wonderful burgundy dress with a winter cape that has a furry looking trim. This is the scene where she and the Beast feed the birds! There has never been a cape that I have wanted to own more than that one! 
Sorry it looks so creepy without her face being inside the cape (also I tried really hard on her hands. I was looking at a reference photo, so it was a bit easier)



Belle's Ball gown






The second Belle outfit, and probably my favourite dress of all time (real or animated), is her golden/yellow ball gown. I just love it so much, the way it moved in the ballroom scene makes my heart swoon! I even wanted a prom dress that looked similar to her golden yellow ball gown! (I went with red because I couldn't find one similar enough to hers that I liked but let me tell you, those Alfred Angelo Disney princess wedding dresses are AMAZING, and in my dream wedding, the belle one would be mine!)



2 comments:

  1. These are sooo good!! Well done! :)

    You should try to make a piece! Even if you draw it and take it to a person who can make it! :) how cool would that be?

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!
    I've never even considered that before, but it would be amazing to have an article made of a design that I drew!!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete