Things I've Learned Since Turning Twenty-One | Part One

Tuesday, April 7

This is the first part in what i'm sure will be quite a few posts on this subject. I feel like once you hit twenty, and realize you're not a 'teen' anymore, things you used to do just start to seem silly, or pointless. 

I turned twenty-one in October, so I've had six months to become a little bit wiser, and so I thought I'd write some of the 'wise' advice down for you guys
(Keep in mind this is my subjective advice, so you don't have to follow any of it)

21st Birthday Balloon



♥ Only the friends that want to be around, will. It should be a mutual effort to see each other (So if you're not making an effort to see them, they're not the only bad guy)

♥ Let your partner have time to themselves (They will get tired of you if you mooch on them 24/7, while they're having time to themselves you can also enjoy a little 'me time' to pamper yourself)

♥ Love yourself (Be comfortable in your skin, one of the best quotes i've read about this is by RuPaul "If you don't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?" and I honestly don't think it could be any more true)

♥ DON'T DO ASSIGNMENTS THE NIGHT BEFORE THEY'RE DUE (Honestly, best advice I could give. Just start working on them like a week early, and slowly pick away at them)

♥ Get good sleep (My first year of uni I would stay up until 2 in the morning and had class at 8:30. 
IT WAS NOT WORTH IT! Heading into my fourth year I now go to bed at midnight regardless of the work I was doing, it has to wait, because being sleep deprived is not worth it - also, I don't drink coffee or energy drinks so I need sleep to make it through the day)

♥ Don't change to fit your friends. If they're your friends, they'll love you for the person you are, even if that person is a weirdo (*raises hand* - "thats me, I'm a weirdo, i'll be your friend!")

Those are some of the things I've learned since turning twenty-one, and I'm sure there will be more to come!
What are some things you've learned at whatever age you're at?
A

2 comments:

  1. These are really great!! I still have to learn to get more sleep though :P
    What I've learned these past few years is try to be the best person I can be and be thankful for all the things I have, we shouldn't take anything for granted.

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard sometimes to get a good amount of sleep, but I try my best anyway.
      I love being the best person you can be, and being thankful for what you have, they are great things to have learned too! Thanks for sharing :)
      Xx

      Delete