First Tattoo Story

Thursday, February 12

I got my first tattoo at the age of 20. I always knew that I wanted one, and that I wanted my first one to have meaning to me. It took me the longest time to pick what I wanted but when I found the right one it was instantaneously like it was meant to be! *squeee* 
The next issue was where I wanted the tattoo to go. I'm not a big fan of pain, and I also knew that I wanted to be able to see the tattoo, as it was meaningful to me and something I wanted to be able to look at and cherish. I still however, wanted it to be somewhere that only I could see and know it was there on a regular basis. After weighing all the options of places on my body I decided on getting the tattoo on my outer left upper thigh (thats a mouthful!)

I'm not going to go to far into my meaningful story but I'll give a little bit of context to the tattoo so that it makes more sense: 
Growing up I was always really close with my Grampy. My parents and I lived with my grandparents on my dad's side for quite a long time when I was little, so naturally I spent a lot of time in their presence. I followed my Grampy around like a shadow, and one of our favourite things to do together was sit and watch the Peanuts movies. 
He passed away when I was 12 but I'll always remember sitting next to one another watching those movies. When I found this picture of Charlie Brown and Snoopy sitting together, it symbolized not only our favourite thing to do together, but the positioning of the two just fit our relationship perfectly and I had found my perfect tattoo!
Charlie Brown and Snoopy Tattoo
Bad quality, but maybe someday I'll do a better update post, when I have more to share

The procedure was WAY less painful than I had imagined it to be. I'm not sure if that is because of the placement I chose, or my great mind over matter ability (Ha, who am I kidding) but nonetheless I would, and intend to, get another tattoo in the future. 

Do you have any heartfelt tattoo stories?

A

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I love your blog so I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. :)

    http://teawithdaisy.com/2015/02/13/the-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh! Thanks, I just posted my nominations :)
      Xx

      Delete